Provide nursing care to students and participate in the health program for the general school population; including students with physically handicapping conditions.
Building Principal and Health Related Services
- Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing, with a current license as a Licensed
Practical Nurse in the State of Minnesota.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current CPR Certificate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide nursing care to students and participate in the health program for the general school
population; including students with physically handicapping conditions.
- Administer medications to students by nebulizer, gastrostomy tube, rectal valium.
- Take care of emergencies by providing general first aid to students and staff.
- Provide episodic care for illness of students.
- Keep current files of student emergency cards, and follow district policy in keeping health records.
- Complete accident reports when necessary.
- Assist with vision, hearing and scoliosis screening of students.
- Assist with daily routine care of students who have a physical handicap by assisting with mobility,
- preparing meals, assisting with feeding and diet, and with self-care activities (e.g. care of
colostomies, leg bags, toileting, catheterizations).
- Maintain cleanliness, storage and upkeep of all special adaptive equipment or appliances for students
who have a physical handicap.
- Perform lab work to test blood sugar and accurately read lab test results, conduct routine urinalysis,
- recognize and evaluate symptoms of insulin reaction or diabetic coma.
School health office environment.
Frequent contact with children who are ill, may involve occasional contact with body fluids; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds; and must be physically capable of responding to an emergency and performing CPR and other rescue maneuvers.
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
AFSCME, Grade A15
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: Carmen Teskey 612-668-0863
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
All applicants, including MPS employees, must complete an on-line application at www.mpls.k12.mn.us (click on employment).
In addition, upload an electronic copy of both your cover letter and resume to your application at the time that you apply.
Make sure that you apply for the specific position in which you are interested.
Only complete applications, which include all of the following items, will be considered:
- Cover Letter
- On-Line Application
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee.
Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
Minneapolis Public Schools - 19 months ago