Major Role: |
To perform senior level sales support activities for the success of the Investment Department, by working directly with Investment Advisors, Program Manager, and member/clients of Warren FCU. Additionally, LSA will research strategies and products, present these as required, take orders for securities sales, and provide a wide range of communication functions to members of the department, client/members, and the credit union staff. LSA should provide thoughtful solutions and innovations to the department and its processes.
- To provide friendly, professional and personal service to all members and employees and support the “I am because we are having fun, working hard, and winning together” culture
- Provide a proficient use of Datavision client management
- Place orders on brokerage and directly held accounts, providing follow up as needed.
- Adhere to calling and appointment setting goals.
- Participate in siminar planning marketing and referral campaigns.
- Represent the Investment Department credit union and broker dealer with outside contacts, clients, prospects, and co?workers.
- Assist in client reviews and new client meetings.
- Work with credit union staff to advance referrals and cross selling opportunities.
- In keeping with the ever changing and fluid securities industry, LSA will be asked to perform duties as directed by the Program Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in and contribute to revenue production of the department through direct support of the Investment Advisors through review of product knowledge, processing department mailings, completing daily assignments, posting checks, correcting exceptions, and other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Maintain account records through Datavision contact site, execute trades, open new accounts, process paper work and provide scheduled and on demand reports.
- Proactively contact prospects and existing clients through scheduling new and review appointments. A minimum Number of appointments per week will be assigned as a goal, achieved through out?bound calling and results are to be conveyed to the Program Manager.
- Successfully complete FINRA and all other continuing education
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Two years minimum experience in financial services industry.
Education A college degree preferred
Interpersonal Skills A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills Series 7 FINRA license is preferred. If not licensed, then license must be obtained within three months of hire. State insurance license is preferred, or should be obtained within six months of hire
- 16 months ago - save job