Under supervision, the LBSW is responsible for assessing the patient¿s psychosocial needs, provides counseling, planning, implementing, and coordinating care through the continuum of care (clinic, hospital, and transition to the community). Participates as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
DEMONSTRATES ABILITY TO WORK IN A MULTIDISCIPLINARY TEAM AND KNOWLEDGE OF GENERALIST SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE THAT INCLUDES INTERVIEWING, ASSESSMENT, PLANNING, INTERVENTION, EVALUATION, AND CASE MANAGEMENT
* Evaluates patients through interviews and psychosocial assessments in order to make recommendations to the treatment team and establish treatment goals.
* Establishes and develops treatment plans and goals in conjunction with licensed Treatment team.
DEMONSTRATES ABILITY TO PROVIDE MEDIATION, COUNSELING, SUPPORTIVE COUNSELING
* Provides counseling, under supervision, which involves social work assessments, counseling, and/or treatment to patients, families, or significant others
DEMONSTRATES ABILITY TO PROVIDE INFORMATION AND REFERRAL SERVICES AND PROBLEM SOLVING.
* Identifies and provides outreach in the form of information and referrals to community resources to patients and families such as shelter, transportation, future treatment plans, and financial assistance
* Facilitates Long Term Acute and Chronic Care placement and other facility transfer.
* Facilitates availability of Durable Medical Equipment and Expendable Medical Supplies.
DEMONSTRATES ABILITY TO MENTOR INTERNS, PARTICIPATE IN PREPARED SUPERVISION, CONSULTATION, EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION AND THE DEVELOPMENT, IMPLEMENTATION, AND ADMINISTRATION OF POLICIES, PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES.
* Provides peer mentoring to new employees and with students from social work education programs, the School of Medicine and nursing programs.
* Provides field supervision of students from Baccalaureate schools of Social Work, upon completion of two years of LBSW practice.
MAINTAINS ACCURATE, TIMELY AND APPROPRIATE CLINICAL RECORDS AND ADHERES TO TEXAS STATE SOCIAL WORK CODE OF ETHICS.
* Gathers information in a thorough manner from all resources in order to fully document current patient stats and prognosis.
* Demonstrates recognition of patient¿s right to privacy and confidentiality as well as understanding of the record needs of the organization.
* Accurately and clearly completes and updates all patient records and data submissions in a timely and professional manner.
FULFILLS CONTINUING EDUCATION AND /OR RECERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS TO MAINTAIN LICENSURE.
* Takes personal responsibility to understand, complete, and maintain the professional and technical licensures required by the position and furnishes Scott & White with the necessary documentation to substantiate compliance
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
* Licensed Baccalaureate Social Worker for the State of Texas (current) required.
* Minimum/no experience required. Two to three years experience preferred.
* Demonstrates oral and written mastery of the English language required.
* Training or experience in bereavement counseling and/or case management preferred.
Experience: Minimum/No Experience
License/Certificate: Licensed Social Workers
Department: Health PIan Ops - Utilization Management
Standard Hours Per Week: 40