Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical, and International and Domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC Medical LLC was established in 2005 to provide comprehensive medical, dental, pharmaceutical and mental health care to offenders housed in correctional facilites.
East Texas Treatment Facility (ETTF), owned and operated by MTC, is the largest treatment facility within the State of Texas. C ontracted with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, dedicated employees provide rehabilitation and educational services to support the successful community reintegration of offenders in the In-Prison DWI Recovery, Substance Abuse Felony Punishment and Intermediate Sanction Treatment Programs. ETTF fosters the professional development of all employees by providing a plethora of training and advancement opportunities while maintaining a truly "Believe It or Not I Care" work atmosphere.
Reports administratively to the nursing supervisor and clinically to the physician and supervised by the director or nursing. Responsible for providing nursing care and assistance for ill and/or injured persons. All decisions should be reviewed with the RN on duty with the exception of routine duties assigned to the nurse (LVN) in compliance with MTC Medical, Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and East Texas Treatment Facility (ETTF) directives.
1. Under direction of the RN on duty and in accordance with approved standing orders, assess condition of and prescribe treatment for inmates reporting to sick call.
2. Assist with provider line; prepare examining room and equipment.
3. Operate pill call, dispense medication and document as required by applicable policies and procedures. To include push and or wheel pill cart on facility campus
4. Control medication, syringes and other medical supplies or equipment as required.
5. Perform emergency procedures as needed and call physician for treatment orders.
6. Keep equipment and work area clean; utilize appropriate sanitation methods.
7. Practice basic cost containment and utilization management for patient care and facility operations.
8. Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records; observe applicable HIPAA rules.
9. Closely monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses.
10. Comply with all applicable pharmacy laws, especially those covering controlled substances.
11. Provide health counseling and health education on an individual or group basis, as required.
12. Prepare and maintain narrative, statistical, summary and operational records, reports and logs.
13. Review and process all reports and documents in a timely manner.
14. Conduct chart review; review status of inmates with serious health problems for completion of all necessary intervention and treatment.
15. Attend scheduled staff meetings; promote communications and proper flow of relevant information in the medical unit.
16. Facilitate, where applicable, NCCHC/ACA accreditation of the medical program by providing the required level of efficiency and approved, appropriate medical services.
17. Prepare and disseminate safety and accident reports as required by policies and procedures; take appropriate action in cases of serious and unusual incidents and emergencies.
18. Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
19. Properly chart medical care.
20. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
21. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
Education and Experience Requirements : Graduation from a Licensed Vocational Nurse program and licensure/permit as a vocation nurse in the State of Texas. 1 year of nursing experience preferred. Must hold current CPR certification. Valid driver's license in the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation - 22 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...