(Full Time) Evening Position (2p -10p)
*** Will be required to work one weekend every 5-6 weekends ***
Reports to the supervisor, registered nurse (RN). Performs duties concerned with the care of sick and injured, prevention of illness, and promotion of good health, in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC) directives.
1. Render first aid treatment and assist physician in treating serious accidents or illness.
2. Treat minor injuries and illnesses accourding to doctor's instructions and maintain student health records.
3. Clean and dress wounds, operate emergency equipment and provide follow-up nursing care as required.
4. Prepare and administerspecified medications and drugs and assist in developing programs to prevent or control diseases and accidents.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness or delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
6. Assist in the management and coordination of pregnancy, weight control and smoking cessation programs.
7. Direct students assigned to practicum/work experience in the center's health services facility.
8. Monitor students restricted to the infirmary.
9. Perform routine lab tests in accourdance with approved standards.
10. Triage, assess chief complaints, take vital signs, do appropriate charting and assist with chart review duties and with patient care.
11. Assist physician or mid-level health care provider when needed.
12. Demonstrate appropriate professional behavior.
13. Maintain clinic facilities in accordance with the highest standards of health care.
14. Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff and other center customers.
15. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
16. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
17. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring postive and negative behaviors through interventions.
18. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school dipoloma, or general equivalency diploma (GED) and valid certification as a licensed vocational nurse in the state of employment and year vocational nursing experience. Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license wtih an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...