Employees in this classification are responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned specialty or sub-specialty outpatient clinic. Work is performed under the direction of a licensed staff nurse and/or physician as part of a total health care team in providing complete evaluations to patients. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions, necessitating a high degree of contact with patient, families and clinic personnel.
- Prepares and checks patient’s charts and goes over clinic schedules for the day’s appointments.
- Collects necessary information for insertion into patient charts.
- Ensures inventory of supplies and equipment is maintained for diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- Ensures that exam rooms are clean and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Prepares patient properly for exams and assist physicians with exams.
- Obtains specimens for laboratory tests and maintain appropriate paperwork.
- Administers specific drugs and medications ordered.
- Responsible for patient education.
- Performs related duties as required.
- May assign appropriate tasks through delegation to Certified Nursing Assistant’s ( CNA ) in clinic setting.
Completion of a Board of Nursing accredited program of vocational nursing or scheduled to complete a program of vocational nursing within 120 days of applying for a position.
Current Vocational Nursing license in the state of Texas or the attainment of a temporary permit from the Board of Nursing to practice vocational nursing pending full licensure in the state of Texas. New graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses ( NCLEX - PN) on the first attempt.
No experience required.
- Basic computer skills.
- One to two years of experience in a hospital, clinic or community based setting.
- Certified in CPR .
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Moderate to extensive physical effort may be required such as walking, standing and lifting. Some lifting may be heavy and awkward, exceeding 50 pounds.
- Vision, hearing, talking, and sense of touch abilities must be adequate to enable one to quickly and accurately perform tasks such as: reading small print, reading from monitoring equipment, defining details, sending and receiving clear and accurate verbal communication.
- Frequent periods of concentrated or focused attention will be needed to interpret visual, auditory, and sensory inputs.
- Conditions such as noise, odors, cramped work space and/or fumes could sometimes cause discomfort.
Hourly Pay Range
13.16 - 18.78
Monthly Pay Range
2281.07 - 3255.20
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.