Employees in this classification are responsible for performing a wide variety of patient care activities in an assigned specialty or sub-specialty outpatient clinic. Work is performed under the direction of a licensed staff nurse and/or physician as part of a total health care team in providing complete evaluations to patients. Work is performed under usual clinic conditions, necessitating a high degree of contact with patient, families and clinic personnel.
•Assists in all aspects of cardiology patient care, clinic and procedures to include: patient intake, vital signs, EKG , and medication updates.
•Assists in care and management of cardiology patients to include electronic chart documentation, evaluation and management.
•Will work closely with cardiology physicians.
•Assists with all aspects of Internal Medicine clinic/patient care needs.
•TEAM approach to patient care across the board.
Completion of a Board of Nursing Accredited program of vocational nursing or scheduled to complete a program of vocational nursing within 120 days of applying for a position.
Current Vocational Nursing license in the state of Texas or the attainment of a temporary permit from the Board of Nursing to practice vocational nursing pending full licensure in the state of Texas. New graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses ( NCLEX - PN) on the first attempt.
No experience required.
- One year of experience in a hospital, clinic or community based setting.
- Basic computer skills.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Moderate to extensive physical effort may be required such as walking, standing and lifting. Some lifting may be heavy and awkward, exceeding 50 pounds.
- Vision, hearing, talking, and sense of touch abilities must be adequate to enable one to quickly and accurately perform tasks such as: reading small print, reading from monitoring equipment, defining details, sending and receiving clear and accurate verbal communication.
- Frequent periods of concentrated or focused attention will be needed to interpret visual, auditory, and sensory inputs.
- Conditions such as noise, odors, cramped work space and/or fumes could sometimes cause discomfort.
Hourly Pay Range
13.16 - 18.78
Monthly Pay Range
2281.07 - 3255.20
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Beginning in 1969 as Texas Tech University School of Medicine, today Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is a six-school university...