Join the nearly 10,000 employees who help tens of thousands of people each year learn new academic, technical, and social skills to become more employable and productive citizens. Management & Training Corporation's (MTC) innovative, forward-thinking attitude and culture have made us who we are today.
With a wealth of experience as a leader in the operation of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, MTC began operating correctional facilities for federal, state, and county agencies nearly 25 years ago. With a focus on rehabilitation through education, MTC is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities. MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits.
MTC is currently seeking the following:
Responsible for the custody and discipline of inmates in unit in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Mississippi Department of Corrections directives.
1. Serve as shift supervisor.
2. Supervise, protect, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate assigned employees and inmates; schedule employees' and inmates' work and off-duty time; assist in formulating security and work procedures.
3. Supervise and direct searches for contraband and provide security.
4. Supervise and provide custody and security of inmates including observation of inmates and inmates assigned to work duty.
5. Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
6. Supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms and reports.
7. Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: unit, administration, investigator, training, safety, segregation, or intake.
8. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
9. Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
High School diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of corrections or related experience preferred, six (6) months of which must be in a supervisory capacity. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply by February 6, 2013
Management & Training Corporation - 14 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...