Work Location: This position is located in Madison,WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Life Insurance Regulatory Compliance Consultant.
The Person in this role will be responsible for monitoring, researching, interpreting new life insurance laws and regulations. They will provide consulting services on life insurance product and operations compliance best practices working in collaboration with our legal counsel.
1. Proactively assess and monitor programs, processes, and initiatives. Actively identify risks to the business, products, work and associates. Analyze the compliance risk level and collaborate with business leaders to consider alternatives to address the risk. Educate business partners on risk identification and mitigation strategies.
2. Perform complex compliance reviews, enterprise assessments, and policy and procedure reviews to ensure clarity, applicability, and compliance with applicable laws. Conduct quality assurance reviews to ensure satisfaction of business objectives, legal soundness, and compliance.
3. Identify, establish, and strengthen key business relationships. Provide consultation and advice through expertise in one or more lines of business and/or compliance specialty. Balance the needs of all constituencies including business areas, Ethics & Compliance, and the organization.
4. Monitor, research and interpret laws and regulations in connection with existing and new products. Provide technical expertise and judgment to implement and monitor modifications in accordance with changes in the regulatory environment. With advice and counsel from Legal, decide how to best address significant changes in regulations.
5. Provide strategic direction in the preparation of regulatory filings and/or forms in order to meet business needs and comply with the substance and language requirements of regulatory authorities in all states.
6. Responsible for coordinating and effectively responding to regulatory agency complaints, difficult objections and/or preparation of testimony by crafting persuasive arguments that will aid in gaining favorable regulatory approval or ruling; and/or other information requests in accordance with regulatory requirements.
7. Develop and implement training programs to encourage understanding and application of ethical and compliant corporate standards.
8. Utilize effective project management, team building, and change management to execute projects to achieve business results. Provide recommendations on process improvement opportunities.
9. Promote and market the Ethics &Compliance department across the organization to support the integration of Ethics & Compliance programs, practices, and initiatives within specific business areas and/or corporate culture.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in insurance or business, or equivalent work related professional experience.
2. 5+ years professional work experience in insurance, business, government regulations/compliance work.
3. Demonstrated organization and project management skills. Ability to work with limited direction, set priorities, manage deadlines and work in a team environment.
4. Ability to perform technical research and analysis of laws and regulations and apply them to company operations, products, and marketing.
5. Strong ability to communicate clearly, concisely, tactfully and effectively both verbal and in writing to a large and diverse audience.
6. Strong negotiating and influencing skills at various levels through out an organization.
7. Demonstrated ability to apply creative/forward thinking to develop and implement programs with emphasis on efficiency and accuracy.
8. Demonstrated proficiency in PC applications to include word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, software such as Windows, Word and Excel and web tools.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Legal, Ethics, Compliance
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: RLB20121911-58601