Responsible for reviewing the Underwriter’s instructions regarding the issuance of policies. A new illustration/proposal may need to be generated, in accordance with state regulations, to demonstrate the planned performance of the policy. In some cases, the Issue Technician may need to apply premium to pending policies. The Issue Technician is also responsible for the final quality review of the policy prior to mailing.
1. Perform quality review of each application and related materials.
2. Update data in the administration system.
3. Generate updated illustrations/proposals when warranted.
4. Apply premium to pending policies.
5. Print policies and review them for accuracy.
6. Work with the Accounting department to collect initial premiums electronically.
7. Assemble policies and related materials for mailing.
8. Partner with Case Managers and Sales representatives to gather requirements needed to issue policies.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Effective communication & interpersonal skills.
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal partners.
• High level of customer service skills.
• Strong track record of accountability and teamwork.
• Effective analytical skills.
• Strong sense of urgency, including time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
• General problem solving and quick response to inquiries from internal customers and partners.