1. Primarily responsible for identifying and developing products for the Life Company that meet the competitive needs of the sales force and achieve profitability goals of the corporation. Take the lead role with our use of outside consulting actuaries, to ensure profitable and competitive pricing.
2. Monitor industry changes and evaluate competitiveness of product, sales support and technology.
3. Drive many of the implementation projects within the Life Company.
4. Coordinate with all other areas within the Life department, the establishment of the appropriate rules and procedures to efficiently support the issue and servicing of the products developed or explore opportunities in product lines not compatible with existing staffing or systems with third party organizations. Audit those procedures and report to the VP.
5. Coordinate quality and service programs for all areas within Life Operations until the processes can be integrated into the workflows within those areas.
6. Manage the illustration function to ensure we are meeting required illustration guidelines by outlining and testing new illustrations as they coordinate with existing Grange operating systems.
7. Manage the reinsurance function for the Life Company with respect to negotiating treaties, establishing system support for the accurate reporting of transactions and resolving any ambiguous situations for all operating areas.
8. Provide technical analysis to other functional areas such as underwriting to develop new standards and guidelines that impact the expense elements of new products and the mortality charges.
9. Direct the handling of insurance department and consumer complaints within the Life Company to ensure prompt and accurate resolution of all issues.
10. Assist in market research and competitive analysis, including input from other Grange Associates and Grange Agents.
11. Assist in preparation of state filings.
12. Monitor the regulatory, statutory, and bureau activity affecting life products.
13. Design forms and applications and write contracts and audit old contract filings.
1. Perform other duties as assigned.
There may be functions (essential or marginal) of this position not listed in this description.
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent education and experience required. Ten years experience in Life Insurance Operations and at least five years in management over multiple functional areas is required. Prior experience in new product development and implementation required. Must have proven communication and personal computer skills.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 14 months ago