The Coordinator is responsible for carrying out the activities of Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness for our organization.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Ensures Saratoga Hospital and its satellite facilities are in compliance with the Joint Commission, State and Federal requirements and regulations for Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness.
- Develops and updates Life Safety and Emergency Operation Plans.
- Builds Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness awareness and response capabilities and ensures that life safety and emergency operations processes are in a continuous state of readiness in the event of an emergency through ongoing planning, training, exercise, testing, and awareness initiatives.
- Acts as the resident expert for Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness.
- Responsible for all Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness record keeping for regulatory compliance.
- Communicates with all levels of the organization, instilling trust and confidence, and solicits the cooperation of others regarding regulatory compliance for Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness.
- Acts as a liaison with counterparts from other healthcare facilities as well as municipal, county, state & federal levels.
A Master's Degree in Life Safety Management, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Health and Safety, Engineering or other related field is preferred. A combination of three years of
experience and a Bachelors Degree in any of these fields may be considered.
Saratoga Hospital - 13 months ago