The mission of the Palo Alto Institute for Research and Education, Inc. (PAIRE) is to facilitate research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). The range of research activities is broad and includes special emphasis on biomedical, health services, rehabilitation engineering, mental health and geriatric research endeavors. We also support various educational instruction or other learning experiences of benefit to employees and veterans.
PAIRE, a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS), is seeking a Life Sciences Lab Assistant to participate in general activities of the lab under the supervision of the PI.
This is a temporary, full time (40 hrs/wk), non-exempt position.
As a condition of employment, all PAIRE employees are required to have an approved (WOC) appointment with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) before they can commence work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with basic techniques in molecular biology, biochemistry, histology, cell culture, microscopy;
- Assist in working with live animals, including surgery;
- Assist in working with mammalian cell culturing;
- Help maintain common solutions and reagents;
- Help to maintain equipment and general lab organization.
All PAIRE positions require the completion of a background check.
- EDUCATION: B.S. in science (or equivalent) desired;
- EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, cell culture desired;
- Excellent organizational skills.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
PAIRE is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Qualified Individuals with a Disability.
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens;
- No exposure to radiation;
- Potential exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals or reagents;
- Regular exposure to a lab environment.
If you are interested in applying for employment with PAIRE and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department.