Looking for a great summer job?
Consider joining Ramsey County's lifeguard team at one of the County's five beaches or Battle Creek WATERWORKS Family Aquatics Center (outdoor water park)!
Lifeguards supervise a beach or pool area, enforcing rules and regulations, provide first aid, prevent and respond to emergencies, and perform other duties as assigned.
What we provide:
- Competitive Wages $11.23 per hour (summer 2013)
- 40+ hours per week, weather permitting
- On-going in-service training (including a waterfront lifeguard module)
- Licensing updates
- Complete uniform
2013 Beach Season: Saturday, June 8th - Sunday, August 11th, 2013
WATERWORKS Season : Saturday, June 8 - Sunday, August 18th, 2013
Beach Shift: Monday - Sunday, 11:45 a.m. to 8:15 p.m.
(Two days off per week, will not guarantee weekend shifts off)
WATERWORKS Shifts: Monday - Sunday
10:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. (Approximately 90% of shifts are 10 hour shifts.)
10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Limited number of partial day shifts.)
4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (Limited number of partial day shifts.)
(Two days off per week, will not guarantee weekend shifts off.)
NOTE: This job posting/recruitment is being conducted to fill temporary (not to exceed 6 months in length) appointments. Applicants or candidates chosen for hire from this process will not gain any rights or preference for other permanent, Ramsey County jobs.
To view or print a copy of the complete Ramsey County job (class) description for this job, go to: Job Descriptions . Once at this page, you can browse the alphabetical list of job descriptions.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Stand watch at a public beach or pool in order to oversee activities and respond to emergency situations both inside and outside the swimming area.
- Prevent drowning and rescue guests who are in danger.
- Provide first aid, including CPR, oxygen, or defibrillation, and notifications to other emergency personnel as necessary.
- Control inappropriate and dangerous behavior by informing guests of the rules and coordinate with enforcement personnel as necessary.
- Conduct daily inspections of the beach or pool area to ensure that the facility is in a safe and usable condition.
- Clean the guard's room, public bathrooms, and the beach or pool area by picking up garbage, mopping, sweeping, and raking.
- Assist beach, park and pool guests with questions, problems, or other concerns.
Education: Jeff Ellis & Associates Special Facilities Lifeguard Certification.
Beach Lifeguard - Must be at least 18 years old or graduated from high school by June 8th, 2013.
WATERWORKS Lifeguard - Must be at least 16 years old by June 8th, 2013.
- Previous Lifeguarding experience.
- Customer service experience.
Exam/Screening Process Information:
All new applicants must obtain their Jeff Ellis & Associates Special Facilities course completion card by May 20th, 2013 to be considered for employment.
Ramsey County will offer two separate Jeff Ellis & Associates Lifeguard training courses in March. The $100 course fee includes course materials and a certificate, should the applicant successfully complete the class. Successful completion of the course DOES NOT guarantee a position with Ramsey County Parks and Recreation. However, priority consideration for open positions will be given to applicants who receive their training in a Ramsey County sponsored class.
Applicants who currently posses a Jeff Ellis & Associates Special Facilities course completion card will be contacted to schedule a hiring and placement interview during late March or early April. Please insure that you submit your resume and cover letter prior to your interview.
Criminal Background Checks: All employment offers are conditional upon the applicant passing a criminal background check. Convictions are not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered on its individual merits and the type of work sought. However, making false statements or withholding information will cause you to be barred from employment, or removed from employment.
For further information about this job posting or screening process, contact Colton R. Stedman, Aquatics Supervisor, at email@example.com .
You can also view or download a (PDF) Map of Ramsey County's Aquatic Facilities. The main number for the Parks and Recreation Department is (651) 748-2500.
Ramsey County, MN - 19 months ago