Responsible for lifeguarding, swim instruction, and pool maintenance for aquatic program as certified and assigned.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Provide proper lifeguard supervision of pool and participants during open swim sessions.
- Provide approved swim instruction and supervision of participants in aquatic program.
- Be accountable for registration, revenue, equipment, and other assigned job tasks during scheduled hours.
- Perform pool maintenance as assigned to maintain pool and surrounding area in safe and pleasing condition.
- Perform approved First Aid and CPR as necessary.
American Red Cross or approved agency Water Safety Instructor and/or Lifeguard training certification as necessary to perform required job tasks.
CPR & First Aid Certificate required.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Paid Lifeguarding and/or Swim Instruction experience desirable.
Lifeguard Pay Scale:
$8.00 an hour to start, plus 25 cents an hour extra per year of experience as a paid lifeguard. 50 cents an hour extra if you are a Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructor (W.S.I.)