Monitors activities in the pool area to prevent accidents and ensure safety of patrons using the aquatic facilities.
• Maintain constant watch of patrons in the facility; rescue swimmers in danger of drowning and administer first aid or CPR in emergency situations.
• Enforce pool rules and regulations to maintain order in pool area, ensuring public safety.
• Inspect aquatic facilities and check the proper operation of equipment and sanitation of the pool; clean pool and the pool area as needed.
• Use water-testing kit to determine chlorine content and pH value of water and add chemicals to pool to maintain proper chemical balance.
• Prepare and maintain appropriate activity reports.
• May give swimming lessons and participate in in-service training sessions.
• Knowledge of lifesaving methods and procedures, including first aid and standard resuscitation measures
• Knowledge of swimming pool sanitary and chlorination systems
• Excellent swimming skills and ability to perform lifesaving technique
• Good customer service and communication skills
• Ability to differentiate colors using water-testing kit
• Punctual and timely in meeting all job performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance and tardiness standards.
Qualifications: Must be at least 16 years of age.
Special Requirements: Current ARC Lifeguard training, first aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer
Schedule: Flexibility in scheduling including evenings and weekends is required.
The Club Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday: 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
We are accepting applications to fill immediate needs, and will continue to accept applications on an ongoing basis to maintain a pool of qualified candidates who may be selected later to replace outgoing employees or as business needs increase. Applications will be considered active for at least six months unless applicant notifies us that they are no longer interested in being considered for the position.
Please submit a City of Germantown part-time employment application to the Human Resource Office, 1930 South Germantown Rd. Germantown, TN 38138.