One of Northern California’s premier residential and business communities, Pleasanton is well regarded as an attractive and friendly city with a strong heritage, active and involved residents, a wide variety of services, well planned business areas, a historic downtown and well-cared for homes in family oriented neighborhoods.
The Community Services Department provides planning for the development and improvement of community service facilities. The Department also coordinates a variety of leisure and human services for Pleasanton residents. These services include sports and recreational activities for youth and adults, classes, cultural arts, special programs for children, senior citizens, and the disabled.
The Aquatics division seeks part-time, seasonal Lifeguards to work at the Dolores Bengtson Aquatics Center.
Under direction of the Recreation Supervisor, Lifeguards monitor various programs and activities both in and around the aquatic center to ensure the safety of participants through the enforcement of rules and policies.
Applicants must be available to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Enforces rules and regulations.
- Works with patrons to maintain safety in and around the water.
- Responds to patrons needing assistance, and administering First Aid, CPR/AED as necessary.
- Maintains clean and safe areas around pools.
- Assists with activity set up, implementation, and clean up as necessary.
- Other Aquatics-related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
The Selection Process:
- Possess excellent customer service skills, strong communication skills, a professional appearance and demeanor, and training skills.
- Possess current and valid certificates in CPR/AED for Lifeguards, Red Cross Lifeguard training, First Aid and Title 22.
- Perform the proper operation, care, and storage of aquatic program equipment and supplies.
- Be able to lift 25 pounds of program equipment.
- Be able to follow oral and written directions, work in a team environment, and establish and maintain good working relationships with City employees and the public.
Applications will be reviewed by the Recreation Supervisor as received. The most qualified applicants will be invited for an interview. A reference check will be conducted prior to making an offer.
Prior to starting employment , the selected applicants must provide a copy of a certificate showing that he/she has undergone and successfully cleared a tuberculosis test within the past two years, or undergo a tuberculosis test arranged by the City. Applicants selected for the positions will be required to undergo and successfully pass fingerprint checks by the City prior to starting employment.
If you have questions about this position, you may contact Recreation Supervisor, Michelle Stearns at mstearns@CityofPleasantonCA.gov or (925) 931-3423.
All aspects of employment shall be without regard to sex, disability, race, political affiliation, religious creed, natural origin, or age. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled applicants. Please advise the Human Resources Office, in advance, of any special needs.
City of Pleasanton - 20 months ago
- 8 days ago
City of Pleasanton
City of Pleasanton
- 27 days ago
Lifeguard, Resident Camp
Girl Scouts of Northern California
- 11 days ago
The City of Pleasanton is a leader in the transportation field with nationally-recognized and award-winning programs. We advocate the use of...