Under the general supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator and/or Pool Manager, serves as a Life Guard at City aquatic facilities as assigned. Ensures safe swimming facilities for patrons and teaches swimming lessons. Performs other related duties as assigned. Incumbents of these positions are scheduled to work approximately 30 - 40 hours per week during the spring/summer pool season as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Closely watches assigned pool/aquatic activities during half-hour shifts throughout day.
• Administers first aid where necessary.
• Keeps assigned facility clean and safe for patrons.
• Teaches swimming lessons.
• Oversees pool parties and other special events as needed.
• Collects and records fees received.
• Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
• Minimum 16 years of age.
• Current certifications or ability to obtain such certifications prior to pool opening dates in Lifeguard Training, Standard First Aid, Community CPR, and Water Safety Instructor.
• Ability to deal tactfully, cooperatively, and courteously with all callers, facility users of all ages, and the general public.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations and to collect and accurately record fees received.
• Ability to work variable hours as assigned, including early mornings, weekends, holidays, etc.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check
• Ability to pass post-offer drug screen.
APPLICATIONS CAN BE FOUND UNDER THE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES PAGE AT WWW.SMYRNACITY.COM
Applications may be submitted by one of the following methods:
In person or by mail: City of Smyrna Human Resource Dept., 2800 King Street, Smyrna, GA 30080
City of Smyrna, GA - 21 months ago