Lifeguards are responsible for the SAFETY of the members and the facility in the aquatics area.
- Maintain constant surveillance of the entire aquatics area without distraction
- Provide first aid and life saving care as necessary
- Enforce all aquatics area rules and regulations, educate members about rules and regulations
- Inspect the aquatics area on a daily basis and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the aquatics coordinator
- Maintain the upkeep, organization and cleanliness of the aquatics area
- Test, adjust & log chemical levels for the pool and hot tub
- Maintain fitness level appropriate to position of lifeguard (swimming skills, strength, endurance)
- Maintain current certifications in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR for the Professional
- Attend all in service trainings, meetings, and updates
- Must be available to work a minimum of 10-15 hours each week
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Aquatics Coordinator
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, and CPR for the Professional Certification
- A minimum of one year experience as a lifeguard (preferred).
Conway Regional Health System - 12 months ago