Position Summary: Maintain and enforce safe waterfront practices. Assist with the implementation of waterfront activities.
Start and End Date: June 6 - August 16, 2013
Unpaid off days: One Sat. or Sun. each week and July 4-7.
1. Be responsible for maintaining the health and safety of campers.
2. Participate in waterfront events and lifeguard for swimming.
3. Teach small watercraft activities (paddleboating).
4. Maintain an organized and clean facility, equipment and supplies; report needed repairs.
5. Assist in the opening and closing of the waterfront.
1. Help campers follow directions and rules.
2. Maintain a safe work environment and promote a sense of responsibility toward preservation of natural resources at waterfront site.
3. Conduct daily check of area and equipment for safety cleanliness, and good repair.
4. Supervise campers’ participation in structured and unstructured activities.
5. Ensure implementation of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
6. Assist in the opening and closing of camp.
7. Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Camp Director.
1. Current certification American Red Cross Lifeguard or certification from another organization having equal standards.
2. Current certification in CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Standard First Aid.
3. Experience in an aquatic setting; lake setting experience or certification is preferred.
4. Willingness to subscribe to the philosophy of the Girl Scout program and enroll as a Girl Scout member.
5. At least 16 years of age.
6. Comfort and ability to live, sleep, and work in a rustic outdoor environment with irregular hours, or provide own transportation to and from camp each day.
7. Physical demands and work environment regularly requires the employee to walk, hike, and work outdoors in wooded areas and on uneven natural paths.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keyword: Lifeguard, Camp
From: Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast