We have open positions at the Jewish Community Center for Lifeguards and Swim Instructors . These part time positions are available at our Creve Coeur and Chesterfield locations. Our Aquatics program takes place in six indoor and outdoor pools and includes: lap swimming, water walking, aqua exercise classes, swim team, lessons, water slides, and children’s water play features. College students take note: positions start in late August with day, evening and weekend hours available.
Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies.
- Provide exemplary customer service to members and provide for their safety and well being.
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies complying with all safety and emergency procedures.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Teach swim lessons (group/individual) and aquatics exercise classes (with appropriate certifications).
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining a neat, organized and clean pool deck and aquatics office
- Answer the telephone and respond to customer questions in a courteous manner taking messages when appropriate.
- Learn, adhere to, and enforce all JCC policies and procedures.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance while adhering to applicable dress codes.
- Be punctual and maintain good attendance.
- Complete records and reports within required timeframes including but not limited to timesheets, accident reports, class rosters, daily inspection reports, etc.
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions and attend staff meetings.
- Maintain swimming skills, strength and endurance.
- Foster and maintain relationships with members while creating a comfortable, positive and welcoming environment.
- Learn and become familiar with programming and equipment offered at the JCC to be better able to address customer needs.
- Assist in promoting aquatics and other agency programs and services
- Develop further knowledge in aquatics, including but not limited to training provided by the JCC.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have current certification in either American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid or American Red Cross Waterpark Lifeguarding and First Aid.
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer is required.
- Instructor certifications are desirable.
- Prior experience as a lifeguard with demonstrated knowledge of and application of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques is required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills along with the ability to provide exemplary customer service.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills and the ability to read and follow written communications.
- Must be able to make sound decisions.
- Position requires flexibility in schedule to open and or close the pools and to work across multiple locations.
St. Louis Jewish Community Center - 2 years ago