Senior Programmer Analyst - Liferay / Vignette Portal Application Development
Location: Central NJ
Term: 12 months+
email@example.com | 732 823 8166
The main responsibilities of the individual in this position are definition, architecture, design, development, implementation and maintenance of CLIENT's portal web applications. The candidate will provide technical leadership in software application development of the user interface and user experience for CLIENT's e-Commerce solutions, portal web applications, search engine driven solutions, Content Management System based web sites, and other custom web applications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Hands-on position with emphasis on User Interface/User Experience software development expertise
* Provides technical guidance to other staff and management
* System analysis, design, hands-on development and software architecture proposals
* Plays a Subject Matter Expert role in several key areas of business and software systems
* Reports progress and activity to project leader and/or manager on a continuing basis
* Implement and maintain state of the art portal solutions using industry best practices and staying up to date on emerging trends in order to implement them when appropriate
* Work hand in hand with system and application developers and business partners to define and implement standards in this area
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field required. The person in this position requires:
* 7 years hands on analysis and programming experience, out of which at-least 3-5 years in the development of enterprise applications utilizing portal platforms (e.g./ Liferay, Vignette) and software frameworks (e.g.: Struts/Struts 2, Spring, Hibernate) is required.
* The candidate must be a technology-savvy knowledge worker who seeks out technology solutions to business challenges. We have a strong preference for candidates with backgrounds in e-commerce applications development.
* Experience in building applications in compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) is a plus.
* Implementation experience in areas of search technologies (e.g.: Endeca), Portal Platforms (e.g.: Liferay, Vignette), and Content Management Systems (e.g.: UCM, Alfresco) will earn the candidate additional preference. Certification in Java, J2EE is an added advantage.
* The candidate must have good understanding of the behavior, capabilities and best practices of software development using user-centered design concepts. Candidates must have a clear understanding and hands on experience with web services and XML fundamentals. Knowledge of the quote to cash business process is a plus.
* Experience with project life cycle including; design, development, testing, data conversion, system interfaces, customization, UAT, implementation and production support is preferred. Candidates must have the ability to work with an evolving low level design.
XDuce - 15 months ago