Legend Retirement Corporation, a leading developer and operator of independent living and assisted living communities for seniors, currently seeks a Lifestyle (Activity) Director for one of their newest retirement communities in Melbourne, Florida, The Brennity at Melbourne, formerly known as Watersong.
The Lifestyle Director is responsible for creating programs sensitive to the needs of senior adults in alignment with our community's desire to promote an independent, fun-filled lifestyle for our residents. This individual will build relationships with every resident and custom designs programs to encourage all residents to participate.
Create activities and ongoing programs that meet the interests of older adults with varied ability levels that stimulate and improve the quality of life.
Cultivate leisure time activities that center around creativity, learning, serving, and enjoyment.
Create and assemble the monthly calendar and newsletter.
Create invitations, announcements, and postings to market community programs and promote participation.
Coordinate in-house special events that involve families and friends.
Decorate community for monthly and/or seasonal themes.
Secure all entertainment, speakers, supplies, décor, food, etc. necessary to carry out events.
Establish and oversee community clubs.
Develop and maintain a solid volunteer base through building relationships outside of the community.
Provide opportunities to engage in various community service projects and activities in the local area.
Manage expenses within given budget parameters utilizing spend-down sheets.
Skills / Requirements
Ideal candidate will have a college degree with an emphasis on gerontological studies/recreation programs.
* Energetic with high degree of creativity for designing activities and programs* Ability to interact and build relationships with older adults
* Training or experience in event planning, recreation, music, drama, and/or art desired
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Organizational and time management skills
* Outstanding customer service skills
* Computer proficient, internet savvy
* Valid driver license with acceptable driving record and willingness to obtain commercial license
* Available to work day and evening shifts, weekdays and weekends
Sagora Senior Living - 2 years ago