To promote and demonstrate the Rancho Mission Viejo (RMV) vision as defined in the Strategic Plan. Develop and implement programs that will promote a sense of community and enhance the community culture with Board of Directors, Committees, residents and staff. Oversight and direction of RMV social and recreation programs and activities that complement the community lifestyle, its visibility, reputation, all of which help to build a strong sense of community. Develop a positive and collaborative relationship with community groups as it relates to the enhancement of the community lifestyle.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS include the following: Other requirements may be assigned.
Leadership and Administrative Qualifications:
- Research, develop and implement recreation and social programs for all residents of RMV
- Develop, manage and produce RMV special events.
- Ensure the representation of a positive organizational image to residents, business partners, community organizations and surrounding communities.
- Develop the appropriate procedures in written format that will facilitate the successful day-to-day Viejo CSO operations of RMV.
- Identify and create resources that may benefit strategic alliances to enhance the stated vision and goals for RMV.
- Work closely with the General Manager, The Director of Community Strategy and the Viejo CSO Board of Directors in developing and implementing annual goals and priority issues; creating individual strategic plans.
- Create the annual Viejo CSO working budget in partnership with the Viejo CSO Board of Directors.
- Provide leadership to each meeting in terms of agenda support, written and oral reports as requested on designated items; summarize the priorities of each meeting as it relates RMV and the Viejo CSO; and complete any/all directives in a timely manner and format agreed upon.
- Responsible for Viejo CSO staff - Recruit, hire, train and supervise all Viejo CSO staff that will provide oversight of all targeted programs/alliances as directed by the General Manager.
- As public awareness of RMV is key to the involvement of its residents, this position will maintain strategic relations with identified key alliances.
- Participates in the planning, coordination of an annual goal setting day with the RMV Management team.
- Responsible for all hiring, oversight and management of staff, consultants, or other retained entities that provide services to the Viejo CSO.
- Assist the General Manager with the Neighborhood Outreach Committee programs that connect to Community Lifestyle.
- Manage all community program-related communications, promotional venues and promotions for the Viejo CSO.
- Provide website content updates pertaining to the Viejo CSO.
- Create and implement a marketing strategy to promote events and programs using all appropriate venues and coordinate in annual communications calendar.
- Ensure RMV branding is carried through to all appropriate representations, collateral, gifts, etc.
- Coordinate all volunteer programs, activities, and develop and implement of the Volunteer Program Plan.
- Display a working knowledge of the various organizations that interact with the RMV community for the purposes of initiating additional opportunities that benefit the RMV membership.
- Exercise budgetary knowledge and control for the purpose(s) of executing social and recreation programs within RMV as well as related activities that may be cost-shared for the benefit of the RMV community.
- Display a community posture that represents RMV and the vision for collaborative relationships within the community.
- Develop and manage all communication material related to community programs that support the Viejo CSO.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organizational and time management abilities, with the ability to implement and monitor progress for successful completion; working well under pressure and deadlines.
- Executive decision making capabilities.
- Budgetary/finance administration and controls.
- Strong communication/presentation skills (verbal).
- Strong written skills so as to be able to publish appropriate documentation, as directed.
- Public charisma as evidenced by proven leadership skills.
- Strong ethical practices.
- Visionary practices.
- Strategic planning capabilities.
- A minimum of five years of successful high profile “community” events, volunteer programs, and community partnership/sponsorship experience in a city or non-profit environment strongly desired
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the community management field is preferred but not mandated.
- A minimum of at least two years prior experience specific to Age Qualified services, programs and operations.
- Committed to continual learning as evidenced by attendance at seminars, industry programs, either as an attendee or as a guest speaker.
- Minimum of three years staff supervision experience
- Proven track record for fundraising and/or sponsorships.
- Proven track record working with Volunteer Committees and Board(s) of Directors
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 10 months ago