Full Time/Year Round Benefit Eligible Position
- Ensure all lifts are maintained to code and to manufacturer's recommendations.
- Testing the performance of all ski lift/passenger ropeway systems including but not limited to the following tests: non-destructive structural tests, load test, torque tests, slip tests, oil tests, oil checks, pressure tests, voltage tests and vibration analysis.
- Assist in emergency situations including but not limited to ski lift evacuations.
- Must possess own tools.
- Report and rectify any unsafe situations.
- Document all work activities.
- Keep a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Complies with all Lift Operations and Lift Maintenance policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Follows safety procedures and guidelines.
- Participates in other maintenance activities around ski resort as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations (OSHA)
- Previous experience with small engine and diesel engine repair required.
- Previous experience with heavy equipment operations required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair hydraulic systems. • Ability to operate and repair ATVs, snowmobiles, and other small equipment safely.
- Knowledge of Knowledge in 12 and 24 volt dc, 120 to 480 volt ac, single and 3 phase electricity, 12 and 24 vdc stop and control circuits preferred.
- Self motivated and positive attitude
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources and tools.
- Able to analyze and interpret mechanical instructions (i.e. manufacturer specifications).
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Preferred mechanical class work.
- Associate degree in mechanical based program preferred but not required.
- Combination of other ski area management hands-on roles which enables performance of all aspects of the position this would be a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and climb heights while wearing tools/gear.
- Ability to work at heights up to 40 feet.
- Ability to work out of doors in extreme weather conditions (hot and cold).
- Ability to bend, squat, climb, push and pull
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Must have unrestricted and insurable driving record.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Crystal Mountain Resort & Spa - 20 months ago