Under general supervision of the Foreman, the Light Equipment Operator operates and maintains a wide variety of hand and power tools and other equipment related to the work to include operating light motorized equipment and performing manual laboring tasks in the Streets/Drainage Division of the Public Works Department. This position is distinguished from that of Heavy Equipment Operator by the size, weight and complexity of the equipment operated.|
Principal Job Duties
1. Operate a variety of light motorized equipment including pickup trucks, repair trucks, dump trucks, front end loaders, bobcats, riding mowers, rollers and the like. May occasionally operate medium sized equipment such as backhoes, sweepers, larger mowers, and the like.
2. Perform general labor, maintenance, and cleanup work as assigned, to include but not limited to performing manual tasks, such as trimming and planting trees, road patching, cleaning culverts, scraping and painting, picking up brush and trash, cleaning up worksites, jack hammering, mixing concrete, and other tasks when not operating light equipment.
3. Perform routine maintenance and minor mechanical adjustments and repairs of motor equipment operated.
4. Set up work zones, to include transporting construction equipment and machinery to and from work sites.
5. Perform recurring manual duties related to the operation of the equipment and perform other duties as assigned and/or as needed, when not operating equipment.
Texas Municipal League
- 3 years ago - save job