How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Light The Night Campaign Manager
Southern Florida Chapter
Position Classification : Exempt
Basic Function : Responsible for managing and implementing the Light The Night Walk campaign and projects in relation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. May supervise volunteers and other campaign staff.
Work Direction : Works under the supervision, direction and training of the Southern Florida Chapter, Light The Night Campaign Director to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develops implementation plans for assigned special events including budgets, timelines, logistics, and related plans as assigned.
- Prepares and/or coordinates communication and records to cultivate, retain and recognize media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships. Goals will be discussed.
- Prepares and/or coordinates the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of assigned special events including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc. English & Spanish materials. Spanish, using resources to accomplish that.
- Responsible for staff support of volunteers required for implementation of assigned special events, such as kick offs, cultivation events, company internal kick offs, recognition events and LTN Walks.
- Maintains and expands target audiences and implements assigned marketing tactics to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants. Active Team Management with all participants as well as managing our balloon partners.
- Coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Coordinates and maintains assigned campaign correspondence, financial records and statistical reports as needed and facilitates campaign records, evaluations and reports.
- Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Send cover letter with resume and salary history to:
- 3-5 or more years fund raising and communications, sales, or marketing experience with proven track record.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Highly organized, proactive and professional demeanor.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Good computer skills (word processing and database programs)
- Minimum education ? Bachelor?s Degree.
- Required to work some nights and weekends, Also expected to be able to log on remotely (Email and intranet)
- Full time- minimum 35 hours a week
- Office hours: Monday thru Friday (9:00am ? 5:00pm)
No phone calls please.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Southern Florida Chapter
2 Oakwood Blvd. Suite 200
Hollywood, FL 33020
To apply on-line, go to:
Campaign Manager, LTN - Southern Florida
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.