GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
GE Lighting’s Professional Sales Organization has an exciting opportunity for an experienced field sales development resource to be on the forefront of GE Lighting’s efforts to generate demand in the End User/Specifier segments with a focus on solution-based selling. The selected candidate will be responsible for segmenting, identifying, soliciting, and generating demand from End Users/Specifiers that will be fulfilled through the distribution channel.
- Identify key End User and Specifier (eg., lighting designers, engineers, architects) segments within an assigned geography and drive market share and sales for lighting, LED, ballast and lighting control solutions. End User segments include Commercial, Industrial, Healthcare, Institutional, Universities, School Districts and others.
- Conduct End User market assessment including current revenue and supplier, installed product base, GE share and potential revenue value.
- Prioritize coverage of top End Users/Specifiers and build a solicitation plan for a focused target list to create a pipeline of near and long-term opportunities.
- Communicate targets, status, and solicitation plan to Distribution Sales Specialists and other GE Lighting sales resources in the marketplace to ensure connectivity and coordination of sales efforts.
- Develop strategic, long-term relationships with key decision makers at end user accounts.
- Deliver lighting solution proposals to C-suite and other members within the End User organization. Use dollarization and other sales techniques to secure a commitment to execute the project.
- Create and deliver impactful presentations to End-Users to inspire them to specify GE Lighting and LED solutions; clearly demonstrate the value proposition as influenced by changing legislation and new technology advancement.
- Utilize partners (distribution, contractor, fixture agents, etc.) and coordinate with influencers (specifiers, public utilities, architects, engineers, designers,, etc.) to “own” the entire sales process and maximize revenue opportunities for the business.
- Coach customer through project process (RFI & RFQ) and influence evaluation of proposals to put GE in a favorable position.
- Work as a team with Region Distribution Sales Specialists / other Field Sales Developers to provide support for End User targets that are part of a joint business plan with distribution; Secure commitment/orders and hand-off execution to GE Distribution Sales Specialists and other GE Lighting commercial resources.
- Maintain ownership of End User accounts. Build relationship value and the GE Brand with targeted End Users by continuing to mine for unmet needs and linking them to other GE Lighting Solutions or other solutions within the broad GE portfolio.
- Utilize End User knowledge and marketing resources to build a lead generation campaigns to replenish individual pipeline and deliver qualified leads to key distribution.
- Lead efforts in market to conduct GE Sponsored “Nela on Road” seminars for End Users that closes business, generates leads, and builds GE Lighting’s market presence.
- Use CRM Tool to maintain competitive information, build a pipeline of opportunities and track results of End User targets.
- Maintain a distributor value file as it pertains to business secured through both individual and joint efforts in the marketplace. Develop an End User value file that dollarizes the value of delivered solutions over time.
- Continue to build technical skill set across the broad range of GE Lighting and other lighting products including fixtures, controls, etc to be recognized as “the lighting expert” by End Users/Specifiers.
- Capitalize on green building trends and seek creative ways to leverage the GE lighting and LED solutions to help end users secure LEED certification.
- Work with GE Specification Engineers to achieve specification of GE products on key projects to enhance GE product sell-through with End Users.
- Provide feedback to other commercial functions such as Product Management, Marketing and Commercial Services to maximize penetration of the End User marketplace.
- The preferred locaiton for this position is Baltimore, MD or anywhere within the Baltimore/DC Metro area.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of successful strategic selling experience developing and presenting “value propositions” directly to the End User of a product or solution.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, industrial distribution or sales related discipline.
- Understanding of the distribution model and/or experience with Distributor sales and support.
- Experience working through project development process (RFI, RFP & RFQ).
- Previous utilization of a CRM Tool and the management of an opportunity pipeline.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Persuasive skills to influence decision-making process; Ability to clearly present and articulate a value proposition.
- Ability to effectively identify and qualify prospects in new market areas.
- Strong technical aptitude and proven ability to sell a technical solution.
- Working knowledge of business finance and experience selling products that require capital budgeting. Ability to quickly assess the financial willingness of a customer to undertake a project.
- Executive presence/Relationship development -- Ability to develop and grow relationships at multiple levels internal and external to GE including the ability to call at the C-suite level.
- Technology Utilization – Proven ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office Suite or related tools, including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to use search engines; PDA/Blackberry to improve effectiveness and productivity.
- Self-confident, creative thinker who can contribute to overall sales development strategy.
- Self-starter; ability to work with little direction and within a team environment where the performance of others affects success.
- Results-driven with a sense of urgency and strong follow up skills.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Apply to job
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in the lighting industry and understanding of the value proposition.
- Experience selling to End Users within a distribution based model; and commercial savvy to manage the competing dynamics within the distribution channel.
- Experience developing and executing strategic plans with construction contractors, architect-engineering firms, and end users such as Universities, School Districts, Hospitals, Industrial facilities.
- Experience working in a team environment where the performance of others affects personal success.
- The assigned territory is Philadelphia. Will consider candidates in PA, NJ, and Maryland.
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...