The Career Opportunity You've Been Searching For: Whirlpool is currently searching for a Senior Materials Lighting Engineer with a strong ability to lead and the technical savvy to understand and act on behalf of our products, processes and test requirements.
The Materials Lighting Senior Engineer will have comprehensive responsibilities for effective execution of the elements of the Materials and Lighting strategies in North America (US, Mexico and Canada). This role will improve product innovation, enhance our competitive position, and mitigate risks. This Engineer will have responsibility to deliver the materials strategy across all product categories related to lighting and illumination of appliance components and contents. In addition, this position will work in close collaboration with Regional Product Development Centers (PDC), the NAR Materials Organization, Manufacturing, Procurement, Suppliers, and the Aesthetics Global Portfolio lead.
This Senior Engineer will provide Materials Engineering technical services to support Advanced Development product launches, platform integrity projects, new materials technology developments as well as production release testing of components of all materials classes.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
What you need to succeed in this position:
- Implement and execute the organization's materials and lighting strategies through technology leadership. Lead projects from the development stage to implementation across all product categories.
- Manage relationships with the Manufacturing, Procurement, Product Safety, and Regional Engineering groups to meet and exceed the company's transformational and operational objectives.
- Work with the Aesthetics Global Portfolio Leader to determine the nature of projects (front-end stage or development stage) and resources necessary to project completion per each of the strategic elements based on materials competencies.
- Define technology roadmaps for all product categories in North America, and help justify resource allocation to advance development projects.
- Apply your thorough understanding of material science, physics, light, and energy management.
- Support the transformation of the materials organization into a driving organization for lighting.
- Identify and leverage best practices by ensuring good cross-functional communication between Materials and other functional groups including product engineering, procurement and manufacturing.
- Coordinate development of test plans and successful completion of materials testing and documentation.
- BS degree in materials or electrical engineering, or physics. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in the field of lighting, with preference given to consumer products experience.
- Experience with materials, LEDs, and optical properties such as reflectivity, transmittance, and refractive index.
- Thorough knowledge of materials testing procedures, specifications and engineering procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to carry out multiple concurrent projects - strong organizational skills.
- Ability to use lab equipment and computers and Microsoft software applications.
- Periodically lifting and carrying lab equipment and components up to 25 pounds occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Whirlpool leadership requirements and qualifications:
Whirlpool prides itself on hiring great talent with the necessary leadership requirements and qualifications to achieve greatness. In this position, we are looking for a leader that possesses strong character and integrity, as well as confidence in their actions and decisions to ensure that Whirlpool products are exceeding consumer expectations. The leader must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external parties, and have the solid vision and strategy to meet product requirements and goals. With these attributes and practices, we believe that the leader will successfully provide extraordinary results and consistently drive change to continually add to Whirlpool's success.
Whirlpool - 20 months ago
With brand names recognized by just about anyone who has ever separated dark colors from light, Whirlpool is one of the world's top...