Under general supervision, prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes, and other food items
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receive food ingredients and supplies from main kitchen and pantry as required for daily operations.
2. Review production schedule to determine food requirements including variety and quantity of food for preparation and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities.
3. Season and prepare a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, meats, soups, salads, and cereals in
accordance with prescribed recipes.
4. Slice, grind, and cook meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods; Test foods being cooked
5. Carve and display meats, vegetables, fruits, and salads; replenish service lines as necessary.
6. Prepare and bake simple pastries and rolls.
7. Complete production sheets and other records as required.
8. Maintain clean work areas, utensils, and equipment.
9. Cater special events as required.
10. Attend to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures
disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
11. May be required to prepare special diets according to prescribed standards.
12. Interview, hire, discipline, appraise and terminate other kitchen employees as needed.
13. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED with 6 months to 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Education Corporation of America® owns and operates private accredited colleges across the United States as well as via the Internet...