Christian Living Communities ministers to senior adults through a continuum of services and care that reflects Christian love, respect and compassion, and that enriches the quality and dignity of life for each individual.
Coordinates and prepares quality food for residents, staff members and for special functions maintaining high standards of sanitation and safety in handling foods, equipment and supplies. Utilizes resources in an efficient manner to avoid excessive waste. Practices principles of batch cooking to maintain integrity of foods .
- Utilizes the principles of quality food cookery to prepare entrees, soups, sauces, stocks, vegetables, dessert items, batters, dough’s and salads.
- Follows standardized recipes for menu items.
- Evaluates the quality of ingredients and foods prepared; makes recommendations for improvements.
- Organizes and coordinates all food preparation to meet production, distribution and service demands for residents/clients.
- Coordinates large cleaning projects with other staff members; makes recommendations to appropriate personnel for items to be incorporated into staff cleaning assignments.
- May perform as lead person for assigned shift providing direction to staff and promoting the continuous flow of harmonious work.
- Reviews production requirements for following day. Inventories and collects food and supplies reporting shortages and sub standard items to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the planning, coordination and preparation of special catered functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Education
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Food Service Certification preferred.
- 1 -3 years experience in quantity food preparation preferably in a health care facility or hospitality industry.
- 6 months experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
Stands, bends and moves continually during working hours
May be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
Is subject to frequent interruptions.
Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Holly Creek is looking for an experienced Quantity and Line Cook candidate who prides themself with a job well done, enjoys working in an exciting and creative environmen that is team orientated.
The schedule for this opening is:
Sundays: 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Omdays: 11:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Tuesdays: 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Fridays: 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 11:30 a.m. to 8:oo p.m.
Christian Living Communities - 14 months ago
Christian Living Communities has a wide variety of career opportunities in South Metro Denver. If you’re looking for a unique work...