The San Antonio Restaurant Line Cook will be responsible for working in conjunction with the San Antonio Restaurant Sous Chef and San Antonio Restaurant Executive Chef on production final preparation and service of all recipes for assigned station.
• Accurate and expeditious production of batch and plated recipes with strict adherence to all recipe specifications
• Accurate and expeditious execution of ala carte service as prescribed by Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
• Food production and plating for service as directed by Executive Chef, Sous Chef and Chef de Parties.
• Efficient production with minimal waste during all phases of recipe preparation, production and service.
• Stock, sauce and soup production.
• Accurate and expeditious butchering to include numerous cuts of meats, game, poultry and fish. Charcuterie production and execution as directed by Chefs.
curing and smoking of fish, meats and poultry items
-pate, terrine and sausage production
-marinades, relishes and cold sauces
• Assist in food preparation including browning, heating and reheating
• Prepares salad items, garnished and condiments
• Stock, sauce, soup, vegetable preparation
• Performing tasks related to but not limited to:
- organization of reach-in coolers
- dry stock with proper storage
- security and sanitation guidelines
• Properly execute all Opening and Closing Procedures as directed by Sous Chef including complete and accurate completion of all paperwork related to the efficient operation of assigned station.
• Proper packaging, storage and security of all food items at all stages of receipt or preparation with relation to temperature, location, labeling, packaging and all established procedures.
• Professional interaction with other team members at all times.
• Assist other team members as needed or directed by Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
• Understands and accepts nature of flexible scheduling requirements of ala carte operations, including overtime.
• Maintain proper inventory of station pars on prep list and ordering appropriately.
• Maintain full and proper uniform appearance and general personal hygiene.
• Responsibility for monitoring posted work schedule.
• Timely attendance.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years ala carte cooking experience in full service restaurant, hotel or resort.
Licenses / Certifications:
• HACCP or ServSafe Certified, or Texas Food Handler’s Certificate
• Two year associates degree from recognized Culinary Institution or the equivalent in industry experience.
• Background in catering, high volume or fine dining restaurant establishment.
• Intermediate to advanced level of culinary skills
• Intermediate butchery skills
• Intermediate to advanced sauté & grilling skills
• Intermediate roasting skills
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to read, understand and execute and communicate recipes written in English
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical capabilities)
• Ability to frequently lift and carry 30 lbs.
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry 50 lbs with assistance.
• Ability to withstand high ambient temperatures while working in close proximity of cooking equipment.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time during customary service hours.
Culinary Institute of America - 22 months ago