Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, our market sells the same quality products used by our chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
As a leader in the food and beverage industries, Eataly offers great benefits, staff discounts and tremendous growth opportunities. We are a young, energetic and innovative start-up that is rapidly expanding and we are looking for new Line Cooks to join us! As ambassadors of Eataly products and services, our Line Cooks are responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Job Description: We are currently seeking butchers, cooks and prep cooks with at least 1 year of recent experience - filleting, slicing and scaling should be like second nature. This is a great opportunity for team-players, with exceptional knife and kitchen skills. Candidates must have experience with Italian cuisine, great references and work well under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for kitchen mise en place
- Apportions fish and vegetables
- Samples, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance to recipes, and standards of appearance and taste.
- Maintains sanitation and nutrition practices
- A minimum of 2 years in a food preparation position.
- Good working knowledge of kitchen equipment and procedures, safety and sanitation regulations and knowledge of food and food production.
- Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is preferred.
- Food Handlers License is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to exert well-paced mobility for long periods of up to four hours in length and have the ability to bend and squat.
- Must have ability to lift 25 pounds frequently and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with employees, dining room staff and guests.
- Must be able to use knives, hand tools, utensils and all standard commercial kitchen equipment.
Eataly - 11 months ago