Responsible for preparation of all food items according to specifications and preset time limits.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Follows all recipes, portion control, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant. Coordinates the delivery of all foods within preset time standards. Sets up, maintains side work, and/or closes station for scheduled shift. Stocks and dates all food items. Ensures safety and sanitation standards are maintained. Cleans and sanitizes equipment, refrigerators, storage areas as needed. Insures Hot food is Hot and Cold food is Cold. Records all waste on standard forms when it occurs. Communicates any product run outs, equipment issues, and quality or service problems immediately to manager. Performs additional duties as requested by the manager or Chef at any time.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Friendliness and well groomed appearance
- Must be able to do physical work and able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs
- Must be able to read English
- Must have dependable transportation
- Have understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Have current California Food Handler's certificate
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Effective and professional oral communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand and exert fast paced mobility for entire shift
- Work area subject to uncomfortable heat
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs on occasion and 35 lbs regularly