Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Lead Cook – Sous Chef – Assistant to the Head Chef
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards.
- Begin food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over-prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Hersha Hospitality standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set-up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover and date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, and control food waste, loss and usage per Hersha Hospitality standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen tools and equipment.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Work Environment and Context
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of related experience.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management - 9 months ago
Valley Stream, NY
- 2 days ago
Line Cook/Prep Cooks
Le Bilboquet NYC
New York, NY
- 16 hours ago
Garden City, NY
- 4 days ago