Aliso Creek Inn
This position is located at Aliso Creek Inn located at 31106 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, California.
The role of a line cook is to prepare culinary delights for our guests and owners. Guest satisfaction in our restaurant revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. The line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry stations or other areas of the kitchen.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Food Handlers permit required.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
As a Line Cook you will be expected to work with Associates to ensure satisfaction. A Line Cook will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve a Manager only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to speak and hear
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
- ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing with some walking
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally
- lift/move 50 pounds.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual
- dexterity and fine motor skills
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Generally in an indoor setting.
- Will be using a computer occasionally.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to heat/cold
- from the mechanical equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
Montage Hotels & Resorts - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard