Participate in the preparation of food in advance of service, stock stations, prepare foods to order during service and maintain the organization and sanitation of the kitchen.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Stock and organize the line.
- Prepare all product for service according to prescribed specifications.
- Maintain organization of the line coolers and ensure proper rotation of product.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen areas.
- Receive, rotate, and store stock in proper areas of the kitchen and basement.
- Communicate unfinished projects to remaining staff.
- Work the line during service.
- Maintain an orderly, clean, and sanitary work station.
- Wear the prescribed uniform in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintain a good attitude at all times.
- Communicate product needs and other issues to chef.
- Participate in weekly cleaning projects.
- Arrive for work on time and check with management before leaving.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Clean the line and kitchen areas at close.
- Constantly strive to achieve more knowledge and skill in food preparation.
- Minimum 1 year experience in food service preferred.
- Prior exposure to a vast array and cooking techniques and methods.
- Familiarity with safe handling techniques prescribed by the Ottawa County Department of Health.
- Good communication skills, a positive attitude and a desire to learn.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to fifty pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to nine hours).
- Have a flexible schedule. Must work weekends.
**Please note that, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each applicant. We will contact you if your qualifications are applicable to the position for which you are applying. No phone calls, please.
Established in 1996, NHBC has grown from a scrappy two-man start-up to a thriving regional microbrewery, recognized for its creativity and...