• During the non-peak season, must have 2 days of unrestricted availability to include one weekend day. During the Summer peak season of June 17th - September 2nd, must have 4 days of unrestricted availability to include one weekend day each week.
• Up to 28 hours per week during the non-peak season and up to 40 hours per week during the peak season.
Basic Job Functions
• Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
• Prepares and cooks meals, operates kitchen equipment and cleans facilities.
• Prepares and cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
• Cuts, broils, grills, sautés, bakes, and ices food items.
• Prepares produce and dessert items.
• Serves meals.
• Washes dishes and cleans work area.
• Orders supplies and keeps records and accounts.
• Directs activities of one or more team members who assist in preparing and serving meals.
• Ensures excellent customer service by responding to customer requirements, expectations and needs.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills/Knowledge, Training and Education
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience as a line cook in a restaurant, hotel or resort/catering facility.
• Must be able to occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
• Must have a minimum of two years experience as a Line Cook in a restaurant, hotel or resort/catering facility; one year certificate from a college or trade school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to read and follow recipes.
• Must be able to work with hot and/or heavy items.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work indoors and in outside weather conditions (i.e., sunny weather, wet and/or humid conditions).
• Must be able to positively interact with park guests and co-workers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or languages, and individuals with special needs.
• A High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• Resume Required
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
- 2 years ago - save job
About SeaWorld San Diego
Swimming with the fishes takes on a whole new meaning at these parks. SeaWorld Entertainment is one of the US's...