As a member of the Food and Beverage Team the Cooks responsibilities include preparing, seasoning, and cooking soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other food by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish.
- Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
- Bakes bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry.
- Create a fun work environment; a personal satisfaction the team derives from being part of BlueStar Resort & Golf.
- Accept responsibility for personal decisions and actions.
- Spontaneously recognize and celebrate team member success.
- Proactive in exceeding guest satisfaction. At times it may be necessary to investigate, quickly respond to and resolve challenges from guests.
- Ensure superior standards of service are at all times meeting the requirements of our guests and employees and are constantly being improved upon. This may mean being creative in seeking new ways to get things done.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills – attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines
- Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments
- Proven capabilities to lead and manage people and processes in a dynamic and changing environment
- Must be change adaptive, flexible, and empathetic
- Be able to provide direction and drive key initiatives.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with a high need for closure
- Demonstrated initiative – ability to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments to meet deadlines
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, motivate , and contribute as part of a team with representatives from multiple disciplines.
- Must be willing to “roll-up” sleeves and dig in with staff to drive processes that support the business
- Committed to learning, personal growth, continual process improvement and staff/team development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
- Ability to manage financial controls and accounting processes across geographically dispersed operating units
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must
- Enjoys and seeks out opportunities to work with the operational side of business.
Knowledge / Skills
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or one to three months of related experience.
- Possess a Food Handler’s Card.
Shea Properties - 2 years ago