Our Line Cooks plan, prepare, and cook food for the hotel outlets in accordance with established procedures and sanitary regulations and recipe standards. They may also assist in setting up tray lines, distributing food to various areas, and disassembling serving lines.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
• Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides in accordance with standard recipes and presentations established by the Chef.
• Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
• Maintain compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
• Perform banquet and kitchen line functions as directed by the Executive or Sous Chef.
• Ensure assigned workstation has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily menus and banquets.
• Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
• Ascertain the du jour specials and methods of preparation and presentation.
• Focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
• Must have 1 year of previous culinary experience.
• Experience in a high volume production kitchen preferred.
• High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
• Culinary degree a plus.
• Ability to operate, clean, maintain most commercial kitchen equipment required.
• Knowledge of cooking techniques; knife skills; attention to detail.
• Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
• Should possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (Not necessary)
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts
- 3 years ago - save job