JOB SUMMARY: The Line Cook’s responsibility is to assist the kitchen staff in the preparation of food items. Set up assigned stations for menu as directed by Chef using standard recipes in accordance with Club standards. Set up, preparation and break down of buffets and food displays. Maintain the highest sanitary standards
- Set up station and gather all supplies needed to prepare menu for service.
- Prepares meat, seafood, vegetable, and cold food items as required for the line and special function purposes.
- Prepares sauces and accompanying garnishes for assigned station.
- Serves menu items in accordance with established portion and presentation standards.
- Use food preparation equipment according to manufactures instructions.
- Consistently use safe and sanitary food handling practices.
- Returns soiled food preparation utensils and other small ware items to the proper areas.
- Cover, date, and properly store all leftovers and food prep items.
- Notify Executive Chef/Sous Chef in advance of expected shortages.
- Ensure all storage areas are neat and all products are stored properly.
- Assist in cleaning and break down after shift including trash removal, sweeping, pressure washing, and mopping.
- Assist in completing weekly cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Observe guidelines related to the maintenance of safe working conditions in the kitchen.
- Maintain neat professional appearance and observe personal cleanliness rules at all times.
- Maintain professional standards and codes of conduct as set forth by Cliffs Associate Handbook.
- Assist with other duties as instructed by Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
- Culinary Art A.O.S. degree with a minimum of 1 year experience or 3 years demonstrated job experience, fine dining/country club environment preferred.
- Has a passion for quality food and cooking and experience with healthy cooking techniques preferred.
- Knowledge of classical and present cooking procedures.
- Good knife handling skills.
- Ability to work various stations - sauté, grill, sauces, pantry and expediting.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of health department regulations.
- Basic English language communication skills with ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Pleasant personality and professional appearance.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, without compromising food quality.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to continuously stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions.
- Ability to handle sharp utensils and operate food production equipment.
The Cliffs - 18 months ago
Founded in 1991 by Jim Anthony, The Cliffs Communities is devoted to the sensible development of luxury residential communities and other...