Travaasa Experiential Resort is located in the hills of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve, overlooking Lake Travis and just 25 minutes from downtown. Our on-property Restaurant, Jean's Kitchen, embodies a smart-casual feel with a breathtaking view of Lake Travis. Our Executive chef, Ben Baker, is a pioneer in "farm to table" cuisine, which is trending in many restaurants in downtown Austin as well as around the world.
We are looking for a full-time AM and PM Line Cook with previous prep or line cook experience, preferably within the hospitality industry. You should have a basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills and understand safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
We offer competitive wages and a generous benefit package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k), paid time off (PTO), and other unique benefits.
• Able to read, understand, and follow recipes
• Basic knowledge of Kitchen equipment, utensils and procedures
• Able to deal effectively and interact well with guests and co-workers
• Available for full time work, including weekends and holidays
• Able to converse in English
• Requires strong organizational skills
• Able to work independently
• Possess current Food Handler's permit
• Must be able to lift and carry tools, supplies, and inventory up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.