Summary: The position is responsible for locating, marking and documenting various underground facilities, such as pipelines, electrical and automation cables, and any other underground facilities owned or operated by the Company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports all unsafe and environmental issues to supervisor.
- Takes care of company vehicle and equipment.
- Seeks out new ways of doing things.
- Protect underground utilities from damage during projects involving excavations.
- Helps out in other areas of the business as needed.
- Maintains company vehicle appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use a locator to locate and mark all utilities required by Hiland, willing to witness all 3 rd party crossings, document, update ticket status and file all required paperwork.
- Responsible for using and taking care of locating equipment and hand tools.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to perform work with little supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet required deadlines.
All tasks are to be performed in consideration of the following:
- Adherence to state, federal and local laws and regulations.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Practice of company core values.
- Safety in the forefront of every task performed.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School degree or equivalent.
- General knowledge of compressor stations, gathering system, and processing plant operations.
- Working knowledge of mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids, and high-pressure systems.
- Follows company policies, practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Needs to have Proficient computer skills.