Supervisor: Maintenance Manager
Job Description: The Line Maintenance Mechanic job is comprised of various duties. Those duties include, setting up production machinery, troubleshooting and repairing machinery to keep machines running, shutting down and draining production machinery. Other duties include keeping adhesives and strapping supplied; participation in machine maintenance, repair and installation, and other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
1) Assure that the packaging machines are running at standard speeds or above.
2) Setup, maintain, shut down and drain the packaging machines according to the production schedule.
3) Troubleshoot and repair the machinery as needed to keep up with production.
4) Monitor the production equipment and report any problems that cannot be immediately handled to shift manager.
5) Train, assist and direct mechanics and operators to assure all production lines are running at standard efficiency and/or above
6) Work with other Maintenance and operational personnel as a team, to keep the equipment running.
7) Monitor scheduled maintenance functions along with scheduling daily work orders to assure they are getting done correctly and on time.
8) Perform and supervise maintenance and repair of production machinery in accordance with company policy and procedures
10) Participate in machine and in general plant maintenance and repair.
11) Participate in the installation of new machinery.
13) Work on assigned work orders when not busy with breakdowns.
14) Perform weekly machine inspections.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent, five years working experience with form and film machinery, secondary technical education degree, electrical & electronic background, PLC background and supervisory experience. Qualified person needs to be able to perform all essential job functions and complete required safety training.
Essential job functions:
1) Keep packaging machines running.
2) Maneuver around machinery 100% of the workday.
3) Climb ladders/stairs as needed throughout the day.
4) Lift heavy, even or uneven loads weighing up to 64 pounds as needed.
5) Bend or squat 25-50% of the workday.
6) Work in small or tight work areas due to equipment positioning.
7) Work/Walk cautiously on slippery floors.
8) Work on elevated platforms.
9) Work in a hot, humid or cold environment.
10) Work in a noisy, wet and odorous environment.
11) Hear and communicate respectfully with others in noise, to insure quality and safety.
12) Wear hearing protection at all times when in the fryroom area.
13) Meet the safety training requirements for the line maintenance mechanic job.
14) Work 40 hours per week or more if overtime.
15) Must have dependable attendance and be a self-starter.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer : )
Monster - 18 months ago