Manage the blending/mixing, packaging and material handling of consumer foods production lines in a safe and sanitary work environment, within quality standards, while meeting the production schedule within cost limitations. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices. Provide site leadership and corperate contact for health, safety, environmental and security programs in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage and develop operations employees to performance expectations and company standards for personal safety, productivity, quality, food safety, sanitation, environmental and regulatory compliance.
- Pinpoint and reinforce appropriate behaviors of front line leaders and production employees using visual and personal feedback.
- Actively lead, plan, review, and prioritize activities within the assigned business unit to achieve safety, quality, inventory, and finacial targets.
- Manage employee expectations and accountability. Act as general support and as a communication resource for employees. Consult with employees regarding personnel and production problems.
- Manage operations facilities, equipment and systems in functional, sanitary and safe working condition while meeting all regulatory requirements. Perform safety, GMP, and pre-operational audits.
- Manage and coordinate finished product, packaging, raw material and work-in-process inventories to meet production needs.
- Plan, organize and coordinate work activities of operations personnel and production scheduling to meet demand requirements.
- Improve processing and packaging efficiencies.
- Implement new operating procedures. Recommend and implement equipment changes.
- Maintain involvement and influence in the development and implementation of products, process and equipment changes.
- Help develop and implement training programs for team members in a systematic manner to cover all contingencies; assist employees in their self-development, e.g., leadership development, outside education, etc. Know and communicate training status of Operations Team.
- Develop, support and implement programs and procedures for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for incident investigation and root cause analysis for timely closed loop corrective action with appropriate documentation and communication.
4-year degree in science, engineering, management or related field recommended. 5 years experience in food processing and packaging, to include 3 or more years of supervisory experience.
- High awareness and commitment to safety, food safety and quality.
- Accurately identifies length and difficulty of tasks and projects.
- Measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Anticipates and adjust for problems and raodblocksDemonstrated coaching, delegating, and facilitating skills.
- Makes timely decision, sometime with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Focuses resources on what is important; can quickly determine what will help or hinder accomplishing goals; creates focus.
- Creates climate in which poeple want to do thier best; can motivate many kinds of direct report and team.
- Invite input from team members; shares ownership and visibility.
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a versatile learner. Open to change; analyzes both successes and failuresfor clues to improve.
- Enjoyes the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems.
- Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answer.
- Sees conflicts and opportuniites; reads situations quickly.
- Can reach tough agrrement and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground.
- Can shift gears comfortably and effectively cope with change.
- Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Blends people into teams when needed. let's people finish and be responsible for thiier work: shares wins and successes.
- Defines success interms of the whole team.
- Business skills, communication skills, mathematics and knowledge of GMP’s are essential. Knowledge of process improvement tools and techniques (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, SPC, etc) is required.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in the English language
Internal : Primary contact with Operations staff, Maintenance, Product Technology, Logistics and Engineering personnel to solve problems, exchange information and maintain production. Interact with other departments to meet business needs.
External : Contact with service representatives to assist in troubleshooting, design review, sanitation and general manufacturing engineering. Contact with regulatory agencies during plant inspections. Primary contact for emergency response personnel. Contact with customers while providing plant tours.
Problem Solving : Prioritize available resources, manpower, and raw materials to provide a safe work environment in meeting quality, cost constraints and the production schedule. Resolve personnel problems: organize staff, discipline, maintain good morale within the limits of available resources, train, etc. Facilitate discussion and then decide, using company specifications, whether product is acceptable through the noncompliance system. Provide input as to disposition of material.
Work Structure : Works under the guidance of the Plant Manager and as a key member of the operations management team. Incumbent coaches production staff to accomplish Safe work behaviors, production list and understand responsibilities, job expectations and accountability. Responds to "trouble" areas as problems arise. Incumbent plans to prevent problems.
Responsibilities : Responsible for supervision of 20 or more production personnel; occasional responsibility for up to 50 or more personnel when working in absence of other leadership team members. Part of a team that has 1 st line responsibility for day-to-day management responsibilities for over $15 MM in labor, ingredients and packaging materials, $25 MM plus annual production/sales volume, several million dollars in plant equipment and an area which includes 4 Blending and packaging lines and 50,000+ square feet of floor space.
MOM Brands - 8 months ago
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...