Responsible for retrieval of soiled linen and distribution of clean linen products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains friendly, efficient Spirit of Service attitude towards customers, colleagues and clients.
2. Retrieves soiled linens from designated areas.
3. Distributes and stocks clean linen storage areas per established par levels.
4. Receives and monitors clean linen from outside vendor. Will weigh or count materials to established levels.
5. Maintains clean and orderly storage areas.
6. Stocks linen carts per established levels and distributes to floors and service areas to meet scheduled requirements.
7. Adheres to departmental sanitation procedures.
8. Perform all other related duties.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Previous experience preferred. Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively. Ability to work well under time constraints. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to work independently. Basic knowledge of healthcare infection control procedures and universal precautions.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
Mount Sinai Medical Center - 15 months ago
Mount Sinai Medical Center