Russian Machine Translation Linguist
Required Language(s): Russian
Encoding Russian terminology for Machine Translation (MT) system dictionaries.
Analyzing MT output for qua lity improvement.
Essential duties and responsibilities under the direction of a Project Manager or a Senior Lexicographer include the following:
- Review and encode terminology according to specific conventions
- Track dictionary improvements
- Analyze and correct dictionary errors
- Compile data from Russian texts for determining the correct function and/ or meaning of terms
- Test and document the output of trained MT engines
- Assist in a variety of linguistic research related tasks
- Review human post-edited MT output to generate high quality of training corpus for MT engines
- Help to conduct MT usability tests with Russian users and summarize the feedback and test results
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Only local residents need apply; this is not a telecommuting position. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
BS/BA degree in related field required and/or equivalent professional work-related experience.
5+ years related professional experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Native speaker of Russian
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to identify parts of speech in English and Russian sentences
- Ability to understand and translate into English 100% of the sentences found in a major Russian newspaper
NB: This is a contracting position. The position is on-site in San Jose, California
- General computer literacy (experience with Machine Translation is a plus)
- Ability to organize work in order to meet schedules
- Ability to follow instructions and cooperate in a team effort
Please send us your resume, contact number, location, availability, expected salary/rate to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also reach us at 510 240 1632 for any additional inputs.
Monster - 12 months ago