OpenSky is a rapidly growing Professional Services organization that operates on the premise that highly skilled, smart, experienced, and energetic people are the catalyst of any successful enterprise. Our focus lies in delivering information technology (IT) services centered on infrastructure, security and compliance requirements within our client’s environment. OpenSky’s proven consulting engagement methodology ensures timely delivery of critical technology initiatives. We offer uniquely objective solutions to our clients by providing a vendor-neutral response to complex hardware and software decisions. Our resultant response and delivery relies on qualified consultants that adhere to a project-based approach on every engagement.
At OpenSky we have a passion for partnering with our customers on their most complex information technology projects. We encourage a spirit of collaboration and open communication with our customers, partners, consultants, and internal teams. Our values include customer-focused, excellence, teamwork, open communication, and a sense of urgency in everything we do.
Our most recent accolades include:
About the Opportunity
- Winner 2011 Marcum Tech Top 40
- FOX/CT – 2011 Best Place to Work
- Ranked # 7 in CRN’s 2011 Fastest Growth Companies
- Named to Inc. 500 List of America's Fastest Growing Companies
OpenSky is looking for an experienced senior Linux administrator with a solid consultative background in design and delivery to support a data center move project.
This individual will be responsible for hardware and software support in a Linux environment. Serving as the senior level System Administrator, you will provide Tier 3 support and serve on the front line as technical personnel on a System Administration team; provide administrative support of Linux/UNIX systems, including installing operating systems, managing configurations, managing ACLs, troubleshooting, monitoring status of systems and applications, etc., and support installed applications and network services (DNS, SVN, Apache, etc. ).
- Server support, installation and maintenance (100+ Linux servers) located primarily in North American Data Centers and some International locations.
- Work with DBA team to maintain extensive Oracle environment
- Storage systems backup and recovery environments testing and processing.
- Implementing, maintaining and planning Linux disaster recovery environments
OpenSky is an EEO/AA Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or additional equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Strong experience with Linux OS administration in Oracle database environment
- In-depth knowledge of Red Hat, Oracle Linux
- In-depth knowledge of industry standard internet protocols, such as TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS.
- In-depth knowledge of Multipathing
- In-depth knowledge of Kernel tuning
- In-depth knowledge of LVM
- In-depth knowledge of bash scripting
- Familiar with SAN/NAS technologies
- Familiar with virtualization technologies
- Familiar with industry standard Disaster Recovery\Business Continuity practices, applications and methodologies.
- Familiar with backup technologies, tape rotation strategies and best practice backup operations
- Willingness and ability to document architectural approaches and topology configurations
- Experience with HP-UX a plus
The OPENSKYÔ team is dedicated in developing and introducing a range of satellite based broadband access services to the market. The...