General intention and expectations of candidate:
We are looking for a senior level Linux administrator with excellent customer support experience. The position requires a background in Linux administration, a proactive, want-to-fix-it personality type, good troubleshooting skills, and a strong desire to learn - and keep learning. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding individual who isn't afraid to pick up the ball and run with it. This individual will be a master of all trades who will draw on the breadth and depth of his or her experience to solve critical issues. Good customer service skills are mandatory, as is the ability to think on one's feet.
Director, Development Operations
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
5+ years providing Linux administration/technical support to end users and IT professionals, preferably in small company or start-up environments.
- Ability to diagnose and reproduce complex technical issues, involving hardware and software (Linux/ Windows)
- Excellent oral communication skills combined with unrufflable patience.
- Good written communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate via email. Ability to write knowledge base articles.
- Good Linux server administration skills. General knowledge of Linux CLI and how to perform common tasks. Comfortable with common unix utilities like sed, grep, SSH and TAR.
- Good Windows server administration skills. Good working knowledge of Windows applications/subsystems Exchange, SQL, AD, VSS and the Registry.
- Understand basic concepts of virtualization. (preferable XenServer Farms)
- Can build either Windows or Linux Servers and has done so in a non-lab environment.
- Working with integrated hardware/software (appliances)
- Experience in a company involved in the storage or data protection industry.
- Working knowledge of any hypervisor, preferably XenServer.
- Experience using a Windows backup product like Symantec Data Vault or BackupExec.
- Results oriented.
- Process driven.
- Pragmatic: able to analyze trade-offs and prioritize tasks in order to achieve goals.
- Strong sense of self-discipline: able to overcome difficulties, uncertainty and temptations that conflict with the mission.
- Entrepreneurial-spirit (passionate about joining a startup).
- Team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with peers and management. Able to present “the inconvenient truth”.
- High professional standards - Strong motivation for individual and organization success.
- Demonstrable commitment to excellence/diligence (as demonstrated by education, business and work experience).
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including a strong sense of intellectual honesty.
QuorumLabs, Inc. - 10 months ago