Req #: LNX-AUS-2nd
Category: Information Technology
Shift: Second Shift
Rackspace® (NYSE: RAX) is the global leader in hybrid cloud and founder of OpenStack®, the open-source operating system for the cloud. Hundreds of thousands of customers look to Rackspace to deliver the best-fit infrastructure for their IT needs, leveraging a product portfolio that allows workloads to run where they perform best—whether on the public cloud, private cloud, dedicated servers, or a combination of platforms. The company's award-winning Fanatical Support® helps customers successfully architect, deploy, and run their most critical applications. Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, Rackspace operates data centers on four continents. Rackspace is featured on Fortune's list of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Overview & Responsibilities
When you buy a new computer, do you immediately erase Windows and install your favorite distro of Linux? If so, keep reading...
As a Linux System Administrator, you are a Linux junkie who conquers the most intense challenges of providing unique solutions for our customers. We want you because your talent, hard work and dedication will continue to drive us to the next level. You’ll solve issues by utilizing your own creative techniques to ensure Fanatical® troubleshooting and advice, which also means you’ll be a key partner in building relationships with customers as you update them of each step along the way. We don’t want you to just think outside of the box; we want you to break it.
We have openings across all shifts in our Austin and San Antonio office locations. We also have some teams open to remote workers; given you have the right skills and experience to be successful in a remote role.
In this role you will:
- Work with bleeding-edge technology in the cloud computing space
- Install, configure, update and troubleshoot services for customers such as OS level concerns, web server, database server, applications server and mail; includes Apache, MySQL, PHP, FTP, SSH and DNS
- Teach customers “how to fish” while advising on technical issues
- Collaborate with fellow system administrators and support team members
- Provide Fanatical Support® in all interactions
Guru (Preferred) Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge and love of Linux operating system. As a true Linux lover knows—Fatal Error: Found MS-Windows System - > Repartitioning Disk for Linux
- Fundamental knowledge of servers/computers hardware and software
- Inherent problem-solver with desire to learn and take on responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
- Technical certifications including Red Hat, UCP, CompTIA and/or MySQL
- Excellent knowledge of clustering, MySQL, network fundamentals, DNS and Shell scripting
- Cloud computing and web hosting industry experience
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Rackspace is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Rackspace - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...